Thursday, May 2, 2013

Winter Warming Pumpkin Soup

Cooler months are fast approaching. Thought I would share my families favourite Pumpkin soup recipe.

Ingredients
700g kent pumpkin, remove skin
500g potatoes peeled
1 onion, remove skin
1L chicken stock
1t garlic
25g butter
pinch salt

Cut up pumpkin and potatoes roughly same shapes. Cut onion into large pieces. Add to large pot with the garlic, butter and salt.  Heat through until butter has melted.
Add enough chicken stock to cover the vegetables. Bring to the boil. Allow to boil until pumpkin and potato soften.

Remove from heat. With a blender, I use a stick blender, blend until a consistency you like. I like to leave some chunky bits.

If it is too watery, cook down on stove for a while.

I like to eat it with garlic bread or over gnocchi with crispy bacon pieces sprinkled on top!





No comments:

Post a Comment